This soup is for anyone ready for an amazingly satisfying soup. It will delight your taste buds, fill your home with a delicious aroma, and make you feel cozy and warm on a chilly night.
- 4 medium onions
- 2 heads roasted garlic
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1/2 loaf stale baguette
- 12 peppercorns
- bay leaf
- 2 heads black garlic
- 1 pint heavy cream
- Sweat onions in olive oil.
- Add roasted garlic, chicken broth, thyme, & bread.
- Put peppercorns and bay leaf in a bag; add to mixture.
- Simmer for a couple of hours over low heat.
- Remove bag of peppercorns and bay leaf.
- Blend soup in a blender with black garlic heads.
- When ready to serve, add heavy cream.
You can make this soup vegan by:
- Using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
- Instead of using heavy cream, thicken the soup with raw cashews soaked overnight and blended.
- Add blended cashews to soup when ready to serve.